Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Podcast Watch

I know reading blogs isn't totally convenient. However, ther is hope: political podcasting! Unfortunately, I don't have the spare time to podcast. Many people do, though. Here is my list of the top 5 political podcasts on iTunes.

5) Bill O'Reilly's Talking Points: If you don't watch Fox News every night (I know I don't), you probably miss Bill O'Reilly rambling about the news of the day. Worry no more! Bill podcasts the first couple of minutes of his show, giving us people with live an ability to hear whatever he's talking about. Be warned: he is very "traditionalist," so if you think my opinions on social issues are too strict, you'll think the same about Bill. I'm to his left on social issues and to his right on economic issues.

4) The Fred Thompson Report: Presidential candidate Thompson finally speaks the truth in Washington's world of lies. The information he talks about was enough to shake my total faith in Giuliani for president in 2008. His politics are near my own, but he's to my right socially. The show is short and sweet, and you won't lose your concentration - unless you hate Southern accents. The you're screwed.

3) Barack Obama's Podcast: He has a few, and he hasn't updated in a while, and he's quite a bit to the left of the center. However, he has an amazing ability to unite all people and make you like him and most of his ideas. I would rather have him in the White House than many Republicans. He could talk about nothing for hours and I'd still be interested. Even if you are afraid of liberal views, give Obama a chance. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

2) The Sean Hannity Show: Brilliant, conservative, insightful, and a great interviewer. These couple of minutes of Sean's radio show are always interesting to hear. He is to the right of everything else here (including Bill), but don't let that scare you, centrists. He interviews a wide variety of people all across the political spectrum, and it's always interesting to listen to.

1) Common Sense with Dan Carlin: A brilliant independent who has described himself as "the love child of Ann Coulter and Michael Moore," Dan's 40-minute show brings a great new perspective to the table. I can listen to his shows for hours (and I often do) because of his new ways of thinking with conservative, liberal, and Martian ideas. EVERYONE should hear his show. It's worth it.

1 comment:

Null Vista said...

Uhhh... dude, a podcast takes all of 30min of your time if you have a laptop or a normal computer and a microphone...